Highlighted sessions from the CoDev 2014 webinar series are available on-demand and can be viewed at a convenient time of your choice. See the bottom of this post for a complete list of available webinars.
Today’s highlighted session is:
Forging CoDev Relationships with your Supplier Community
What can firms do to break out of the mold and form a truly innovative customer/supplier relationship that delivers technology to the marketplace. Accessing innovation from suppliers is not a new idea. For decades firms have used supplier challenges, win balancing, preferred supplier relationships and strategic alliances. While these efforts have had some success, the challenges remain.
How do firms:
- Identify enabling supplier technologies 3-5 years out;
- Encourage suppliers to focus their technical efforts in key areas of the firm’s business interests;
- Jointly develop and co-create enabling technology;
- Identify the factors that motivate suppliers to allocate their best technology to customer firms
Join Dr. Slowinski as he shares his 20 years of CoDev experience. He will describe the tools and techniques leading firms use to move their supplier relationships from “drop your price a penny a pound” to “let’s change the nature of competition in our industry.”
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Gene Slowinski is the Director of Strategic Alliance Research at the Graduate School of Management, Rutgers University and Managing Partner of the Alliance Management Group, a consulting firm devoted to the formation and management of strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions. Prior to forming the Alliance Management Group, he held management positions at AT&T Bell Labs and Novartis. For the last 25 years Dr. Slowinski has consulted and conducted research on the formation and management of strategic alliances, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions. He is co-author of the book “The Strongest Link” and his most recent book, “Reinventing Corporate Growth” is the leading book on growing the corporation.
When you fill out the form to view this webinar, you will also be able to select from the following additional webinars:
- 3M’s Aggressive Innovation Approach with Supplier Partnerships
- Global Open Innovation: Establishing Technology Scouting in Multinational Corporations
- Forging CoDev Relationships with your Supplier Community
- IP Strategies in an Open Innovation Environment
- CoDev and OI Practitioner’s Panel
- Enhancing Idea Generation Through Collaboration
- Open Innovation Practitioner’s Perspective: H.B. Fuller
- Business Model Innovation
- Insourcing & Outsourcing Design & Development: Creating Supplier-Led Innovation