Highlighted sessions from the CoDev 2014 webinar series are available on-demand and can be viewed at a convenient time of your choice. See the bottom of this post for a complete list of available webinars.
Today’s highlighted session is:
IP Strategies in an Open Innovation Environment
This webinar will focus on how managing IP and Open Innovation are interdependent. The premise is that open innovation enhances new business development efforts and that IP plays five roles in supporting a company’s Open Innovation based business development objectives. The webinar led by Paul Germeraad of Intellectual Assets, Inc. will illustrate how the newer IP databases and IP analysis software accomplishes this. Included will be methodologies that aid in understanding the strength and potential value of patents that are acquired or developed as part of Open Innovation efforts.
By participating in this webinar, you will learn:
- Which IP management activities support Open Innovation
- What is an IP strategy for an Open Innovation project
- Three IP viewpoints that check for strengths and weaknesses in Open Innovation assets
Paul Germeraad is President of Intellectual Assets, Inc., a professional advisory services firm specializing in integrated business, R&D, and IP processes. Dr. Germeraad was previously Chief Operating Officer for Aurigin Systems, Inc., a software start-up company focused on the development of intellectual asset management products for the Competitive Intelligence, Licensing and R&D communities. Prior to joining Aurigin in 1998, Paul worked for three Fortune 500 companies. He served as Vice President, Corporate Research for Avery Dennison. Before joining Avery Dennison, Paul was director of James River Corporation’s Flexible Packaging Technical Center and held a variety of R&D and management positions at Raychem Corporation.
Paul is past Chairman of the Industrial Research Institute, an organization of Chief Technology Officers whose organizations account for over 70% of all US R&D spending. Paul is past Trustee and VP Education for the Licensing Executives Society (LES USA-Canada), is an instructor for the LES Professional Development Series and served as Chair of the LESI Education Committee.
Paul is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego, with a B.A. in Chemistry. In addition, Paul holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of California, Irvine and an LL.B degree from La Salle University.
When you fill out the form to view this webinar, you will also be able to select from the following additional webinars:
- 3M’s Aggressive Innovation Approach with Supplier Partnerships
- Global Open Innovation: Establishing Technology Scouting in Multinational Corporations
- Forging CoDev Relationships with your Supplier Community
- IP Strategies in an Open Innovation Environment
- CoDev and OI Practitioner’s Panel
- Enhancing Idea Generation Through Collaboration
- Open Innovation Practitioner’s Perspective: H.B. Fuller
- Business Model Innovation
- Insourcing & Outsourcing Design & Development: Creating Supplier-Led Innovation